Play a Game of Thrones drinking game as you re-watch seasons 1-6
Every magical episode is your reason to re-watch, and your reason to play a drinking game along with them.
🍷 Pour yourself a glass of wine, sit back, and notice all the things you missed the last time you watched it. And just in case you need more convincing, we’ve listed 60 reasons, one from each episode, below.
‼️ SPOILER ALERT: DON’T KEEP READING IF YOU ARE NOT CAUGHT UP WITH GAME OF THRONES!?
If you don’t love Game of Thrones (I guess dragons, zombies, sword fights, and nudity aren’t exciting enough for you?), save this Game of Thrones Drinking Game for season 7.
If you claim to love Game of Thrones, you really should revisit it all again. Every season major characters die off and a few more pieces of backstory are revealed. Every mind blowing scene puts new context to the episodes that came before it.
Game of Thrones is so multi-layered, and there are so many characters, that the true brilliance of the show is more easily recognized in the re-watch.
For example, take Lysa Arryn and Petyr Baelish. In season 4, you find out Lysa and Baelish were behind the murder of Jon Arryn. Every season before this moment you are led to believe that Cersei and Jamie and behind his murder. Now when you go back and re-watch the show again, you’ll be able to view Baelish for the true conniving, murdering genius that he is.
So go on, play a Game of Thrones drinking game as you re-watch episodes 1-60.
Game of Thrones Season 1:
1) See where your favourite characters started! Look at how young and happy and full of hope they are.
2) Tyrion slaps a young Joffrey.
3) Tyrion imparts wisdom on a young, arrogant Jon Snow, while saving him from being beat up at The Wall.
4) Catelyn sets the story in motion (/makes a monumental mistake) capturing Tyrion Lannister.
5) Ned vs. Jamie! ⚔️
6) Lysa Arryn: “You don’t fight with honor!”
Bronn: “No… he did.”
7) Re-watch Ned’s many mistakes.
8) Syrio Forel’s fight with a wooden sword…
“What do we say to the god of death?
9) Joffrey screws up everything:
“But they have the soft hearts of women. So long as I am your king, treason shall never go unpunished.” 🗡
10) DRAGONS! 🐲
Game of Thrones Season 2:
11) Enter the Red Woman and the Lord of Light. Sure, she can drink poison, but it’s not like she can bring people back to life… yet.
12) Tyrion is the new Hand of the King:
“I’m not questioning your honor, Lord Slynt. I am denying its existence.” – Tyrion
13) Yoren (Night Watch recruiter) recounts his brother’s murder and his own subsequent revenge to Arya and makes a last stand against the gold cloaks.
“Well, one day, Willem came riding back into town. I buried an ax so deep in Willem’s skull they had to bury him with it. Willem’s horse got me to the Wall and I’ve been wearing black ever since.” – Yoren
14) Watch Melisandre give birth to a beautiful… uh… baby?
15) Jaqen H’ghar promises Arya three deaths. (Is he another faceless man? Or the same guy who will one day train Arya?)
16) King’s Landing riots against Joffrey and the Hound saves Sansa from a gang rape.
17) Arya and Tywin discuss history together as she hides from the Lannisters under his nose.
18) Cersei thinks that she has found Shae:
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you are safe and happy, and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion
(Gee, I hope that never comes back to bite Tyrion in the ass…)
19) The Battle of Blackwater.
“Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let’s go kill them!” – Tyrion
20) WHITE WALKERS! ❄️
Game of Thrones Season 3:
21) This hilarious quote from Sansa:
“The truth is always either terrible or boring.” – Sansa Stark
22) Enter the Queen of Thorns:
“Yes, all Lannisters are lions. And when a Tyrell farts, it smells like a rose.” – Olenna Tyrell
23) Jamie tries his hand at selflessness… and then loses it. 🖐
24) “Dracarys.” 🔥🐲
25) Jamie is finally honest, and tells Brienne why he killed the Mad King.
26) Jon scales the Wall with his lady-love. ❄️
27) Theon loses something very important to him. 🍆
28) Sam and Gilly fight off a White Walker and we learn that dragon glass can kill them.
29) The most shocking, heart-wrenching, devastating moment in any television show ever? 💔
30) Jamie and Brienne make it back to King’s Landing – Jon, Sam and Gilly make it back to Castle Black.
Game of Thrones Season 4:
31) As consolation for the Red Wedding, we get Oberyn Martell. In his entrance, he puts his hand over an open flame as he approaches two Lannister soldiers and asks them,
“Do you know why all the world hates a Lannister?”
32) When Joffrey can’t hold his wine.
33) Sansa finally escapes King’s Landing – Because of Baelish!
34) Jamie sends Brienne to find Sansa. And the look on his face when Brienne names the Valyrian steel sword “Oathkeeper.” 😍
35) Jon puts his sword right through the mouth of Karl, the Night’s Watch deserter.
36) Tyrion’s speech:
“I did not kill Joffrey, but I wish I had! Watching your vicious bastard die gave me more relief than a thousand lying whores!”
37) Oberyn’s monologue to Tyrion about meeting him as a baby. He lifts a torch and proclaims,
“I will be your champion.”
38) Can we just reflect again for a second about how fucked it is that season 4 MVP Oberyn Martell gets his fucking head crushed by one of the biggest assholes in the entire show? What other show would do this? We feel this way too:
39) The Wildling Army reaches Castle Black and Jon gets to show off how fast he can swing a sword. Ygritte’s gives her one-liner one last time:
“You know nothing, Jon Snow.”
40) Brienne and the Hound have an intense, bloody duel. Tywin is murdered on the toilet by his escaping son(?).
Game of Thrones Season 5:
41) Jon defies Stannis and mercifully shoots an arrow through Mance Rayder’s heart. 🏹
42) Arya makes it to the House of Black and White in Braavos.
43) Jon Snow beheads Janos Slynt. (Fucking FINALLY!)
44) Jamie Lannister catches the blade of a Dornish sword in his new metal hand. (Only good part of the Dornish subplot?)
45) Daenerys feeds one of the former masters of Meereen to her dragons.
46) Tyrion and Jorah are captured by slavers:
Tyrion: “Wait! You can’t just hand a dried cock to a merchant and expect him to pay for it! He has to know it came from a dwarf! And how could he know unless he sees the dwarf?”
Slaver: It will be a dwarf-sized cock.
Tyrion: Guess again!
47) Tyrion and Daenerys meet! (EVERYTHING IS FALLING INTO PLACE!)
48) HARDHOME! (Who saw THAT one coming??)
49) Jorah comes back to fight as a gladiator in front of Daenerys. He then saves her from an assassin. Then Tyrion saves Missandei. Then they’re all surrounded in the fighting pits. AND THEN DROGON APPEARS TO SAVE THEM ALL!
50) Arya takes revenge on Meryn Trant. This, somehow, is the only happy moment we get until season 6, considering that we were then left to wonder about the fate of Daenerys, Stannis, Myrcella, Sansa, Theon, Arya, and Jon Snow. How many characters can a show kill or pretend to kill in one episode?
Game of Thrones Season 6:
51) Yikes Melisandre takes off her necklace!
52) He’s alive!
Also, you can’t play a drinking game without mentioning:
“That’s what I do. I drink and I know things.” – Tyrion
53) After executing his enemies, Jon Snow leaves the Night’s Watch and hands over his cloak to Edd:
“Wear it. Burn it. Whatever you want. You have Castle Black. My watch has ended.”
54) Dany burns up the chauvinist Dothraki khals. She doesn’t need her dragons to set people on fire. SHE IS A DRAGON. 🔥🐲
55) HOLD THE DOOR! ❄️
56) Look who’s still alive – It’s Benjen Stark!
57) We meet Lyanna Mormont: the tough-as-nails child leader of the Mormonts. She agrees to join Jon Snow and Sansa’s fight, previously writing to the Boltons:
‘Bear Island knows no king but the King in the North, whose name is Stark’.
58) The Hound takes his revenge on the people who killed the religious pacifists he was hanging out with. THEY EVEN KILLED IAN McSHANE! (Deadwood & American Gods)
59) One of the coolest shots in the entire series: Jon stands alone on the battlefield with Longclaw facing down the entire Bolton army.
There’s a special Battle of the Bastards Drinking Game for this episode.
60) Cersei takes revenge on King’s Landing and in one fell swoop kills off Margery, Loras, the High Sparrow, and her son, King Tommen.
And there you have it! 60 reasons to re-watch the greatest television show that ever was or will be. So grab a drink and get going… just don’t overdo it!
🍺 Looking for more drinking games?
You may be interested in these collections: